Do you have the vision to look beyond the horizon and change the course of construction?
Our vision for the future is an industry that consistently meets its targets. We work with our clients to define their desired outcomes and convert these into measurable objectives so that the facility enhances our customers return on investment.
Clarkson Alliance provides clients with confidence to deliver exceptional projects. We believe in building and developing high performing teams, and work collaboratively with all members of a project team to deliver the best service for our clients. We care about success and are driven by a desire to continually improve our processes and a belief that people are at the heart of projects and are most likely to excel when they are able to work to their strengths.
We are always interested in hearing from like-minded individuals who are motivated to work as part of a high performing team and deliver exceptional projects. We employ exceptional individuals and are keen to hear from people who share our vision. Please get in touch if you think this might be you, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will find any open positions listed on this page and on our LinkedIn profile.
Vacancy: Project Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a project manager to join our friendly team of Project and Cost Managers specialising in the construction industry. We are looking for people who share our vision and are eager to improve the way that construction projects are managed and delivered.
Clarkson Alliance are accredited members of the Association of Project Management. As part of your application please review the APM Competence Framework (below), and required ratings.
How to apply:
- Please review the Responsibilities and Selection Criteria below.
- Please complete the attached application form and send with your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- At interview stage, please let us know if we need to accommodate any reasonable adjustments.
To deliver facilities to our customers which meet or exceed their desired outcomes, on time and within budget.
- Work with clients to establish desired outcomes, and agree project objectives with key stakeholders
- Develop overall strategic project programmes identifying all key dates, activity dependencies and the critical path
- Implement effective project governance structures, including establishing roles and responsibilities for designers and all other members of the project team
- Risk management – running risk workshops to establish risks at the outset of the project; devising and implementing strategies to mitigate/minimize risks
- Establish, agree and manage the procurement of design team members who will contribute to the successful delivery of projects. This will include working with the Cost Manager to implement procurement procedures, and arranging mid-bid, post bid and clarification meetings with contractors
- Work with contractors to agree programmes, health and safety plans, method statements and quality control procedures
- Convene regular design team meetings to establish progress and critical actions
- Convene regular project board meetings to update on progress and decisions
- Develop and agree regular reporting mechanisms with clients, including weekly project updates
- Convene pre-start meetings with contractors and hold regular meetings on site
- Follow Clarkson Alliance’s Quality Management System for all project delivery processes to control project implementation; have a role in the system’s ongoing development and improvement
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Contribute to the knowledge and development of the whole team via regular conference calls and our knowledge sharing platform
- Experience of working as a Project Manager on construction projects, and of delivering facilities to clients that meet or exceeds their desired outcomes, on time and on budget.
- Technically qualified in project management or related technical profession
- Managing construction projects from inception to completion as the lead client side project manager
- Managing the procurement of design teams and contractors
- Management of risk and change during construction projects
- Programme management software such as Asta PowerProject
- Experience working as the main point of contact for a client on a project
- Experience working closely with a Cost Manager to monitor budgets and costs
- Experience leading and motivating teams of colleagues, clients and external consultants
- Ability to lead with a professional can-do approach that inspires others in the project team to deliver their best
- Well organized, pro-active and a team player
- Strategic thinker who is capable of seeing the bigger picture and can support a team to do the same
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills
- Valid driving licence
- Membership of a relevant chartered institute – eg RICS; APM
- Knowledgeable in NEC3
- Experience of the leisure industry
- Knowledge of Conject/4 Projects Software
- Understanding of local government procurement processes
Equal Opportunities Employer
Clarkson Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, or disability.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
The construction industry has a poor reputation for delivery; we believe this can change.
Overall projects completed on time or better, 2016
Overall projects completed on budget or better, 2016
Source: UK Industry Performance Report 2016. (Glenigan, Constructing Excellence, CITB, BIS)
Who delivers your projects?