Do you have the vision to look beyond the horizon and change the course of construction?
Our vision for the future is an industry that consistently meets its targets. We work with our clients to define their desired outcomes and convert these into measurable objectives so that the facility enhances our customers return on investment.
Clarkson Alliance strive to deliver outstanding customer service to all our clients through exceptional project, cost and information management. To achieve this, we look for individuals who can join our team and help us create certainty of outcome. We care about success and are driven by a desire to continually improve our processes and a belief that people are at the heart of projects and are most likely to excel when they are able to work to their strengths.
Due to our pipeline of secured work, we are currently recruiting for a Cost Manager who is working towards Senior Cost Manager status. This is a great opportunity to develop your knowledge while working alongside our ambitious and supportive team. We offer a generous salary and benefits. If you are interested there is a full job description on our LinkedIn profile or below on this page.
As we grow, we are also always interested in hearing from like-minded individuals, in project and cost management, who are motivated to work as part of a high performing team and deliver exceptional projects. We employ outstanding individuals and are keen to hear from people who share our vision. Please get in touch if you think this might be you, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will find any open positions listed below and our LinkedIn profile.
We are looking for…
Salary: £45k to £55k, plus benefits
Location: Currently the role will be home based until such time that an office is established. You may also be required to work in other locations due to the needs of the business.
Hours of Work: Full time i.e. 40 hours per week.
Clarkson Alliance is an independent Cost Management and Project Management consultancy, which prides itself on delivering an exceptionally high quality of service to clients. For our staff, we offer a chance to work in a friendly, supportive, proactive and ambitious environment.
We believe in building high-performance teams (internally and externally) to deliver the best service. To support our clients, in their challenging public-facing environments, we have developed a strongly collaborative approach, which you can be part of.
The directors recognise the role they play in maintaining such high standards and are committed to supporting and mentoring our dedicated team. This includes regular communications to discuss projects, listening to and acting on individual feedback, actively supporting individual career and personal development plans and generally being approachable.
Due to our pipeline of secured work, we now require a Cost Manager to join our team. You will be an ambitious team-player and working towards Senior Cost Manager status. You will embrace the opportunity of being involved in all facets of pre – and post-contract cost management services and be driven to develop your knowledge and contribute to and learn from our collaborative team. For project examples visit https://clarksonalliance.com/our-projects/
- BSc in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management
- Experience of cost planning all stages of the design
- Preparing tender documents and managing the tender process
- Preparing contract documents for signing
- Good report writing skills – tender reports, cost reports etc.
- Experience of reporting at client meetings e.g. project board meetings
- Experience of post-contract cost management – valuing variations, agreeing monthly valuations, cost reporting to the client and agreement of final account
- Happy to challenge design team members and contractors with a view to delivering better value to the client
- Well organized, pro-active and a team player
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills
- Valid UK driving license
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Knowledgeable in NEC3/4
- Experience of delivering Contract Administration services under JCT contracts
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave
- Pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance
- Personal development plan, and ongoing support and mentoring
- An opportunity to influence and to be a part of the growth and strategic direction of Clarkson Alliance
Clarkson Alliance is Regulated by the RICS
Clarkson Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, or disability.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.