Back in 2012 Clarkson Alliance became the first SME in the construction industry to gain APM accreditation, and we are proud to have just received our re-accreditation to the Association of Project Managers.
We’ve been reflecting on what the last 6 years have brought us and why accreditation remains important to us in our work inspiring our clients to deliver exceptional outcomes.
- We believe that the construction industry can – and must – do better. The insight provided by other members of the APM from across a wide range of other industries helps us to learn how things can be done differently.
- We constantly review our services to ensure they are delivering the best possible outcomes for our clients. Being open to new ideas has led us down a path of discovery and as a company we have explored the neuroscience behind building successful teams, and understanding what drives people to feel empowered and to succeed.
- Our ‘High Performing Teams’ initiative includes a fortnightly meeting where the whole team share insights, offer and receive advice and discuss how to get the best out of everyone we work with. This supports the professional development of individual members of Clarkson Alliance, and provides an awareness of the wide range of strengths we offer to clients. Achieving APM accreditation is a recognition of the investment we make into the development of our people – who in turn can develop members of the project teams to deliver their best, whether clients or other consultants.
- When it comes to accountability, we operate a Quality Management System which is accredited to ISO 9001:2015, and includes internal as well as external audit. We believe strongly in the value of providing a consistent service to all clients which follows industry best practice.
- Our focus on consistently excellent project delivery is recognised by our clients: our customer review process ensures that we receive regular feedback from everyone we work with and provides ongoing endorsement that we are successfully empowering project teams to work hard for tangible results.
We are now looking forward to further engaging with other APM members: both in sharing our expertise and learning from the insights of other companies who are part of this pan-sector chartered body.